Thursday, February 21, 2008

Project 2: "Forks"


This is my sketch for the fork project, obviously. I was interested in the idea that so many people use the same fork over and over again. I got this idea from the part of the text about the chinese visitor who would not use his English host's fork because it "may have been in hundreds of mouths before mine, and among them, possibly that of my enemy. The idea is repugnant to me." The next time you're at a restaurant or the dining hall, ask yourself, who used this fork before me? Weird...
This sketch isn't in good shape. it's wrinkled (because I used water), and I'm not sure about the color choice. Oh and on the fork are a bunch of words describing people, such as man, woman, vegetarian, taxi driver, etc.
I'm going to expand some of my other ideas and maybe post them, just for kicks. I'm kind of iffy about this idea.

No comments: